Average 8% rate rises help Lloyd’s deliver big jump in underwriting profit
Lloyd’s delivered its highest underwriting profit since 2015 last year at £2.6bn, helped by average 8% rates increases, but big investment losses saw the market fall to a £769m full-year loss.
This follows a profit of £2.3bn in 2021 and was caused by £3.1bn in investment losses.
Lloyd’s CFO Bu...
Want to read this article?
Register for ultimate access to this article and ALL our premium content
ULTIMATE ACCESS PROVIDES YOU WITH
- Unrestricted access to Commercial Risk, Commercial Risk Europe and Global Risk Manager news, exclusive expert analysis and opinion
- Breaking news, daily and/or weekly Commercial Risk Europe newsletters and regular digital publications
- Breaking news, weekly and monthly Global Risk Manager newsletters and quarterly digital Journal
- European and global surveys, rankings and special reports
- National European local language newsletters
- Preferential access to webinars and virtual and physical conferences
If you are already a registered user or subscriber you can LOGIN below for ultimate access: