AXA XL Insurance has announced new appointments for its business divisions following the recent launch of its regional operating model, which came into effect on 1 October.
New appointees to AXA XL’s Asia and Europe business unit division are:
–Marine Charbonnier, global programmes and captives director
–Mathieu Daubin, chief underwriting officer, marine
–Yannick Daucourt, chief underwriting officer, specialty
–Simona Fumagalli, chief underwriting officer, global financial lines
–Michael Maier, chief underwriting officer, aerospace for Asia and Europe, and underwriting manager, aerospace for Switzerland
–Daniel Maurer, chief underwriting officer, casualty
–Laurent Richème, chief underwriting officer, property, construction, energy
–Corinne Southarewsky, chief claims officer.
AXA XL also appointed country leaders for the unit. Eduard Billovitsy will head up Austria and CSEE, James Chambers will head Hong Kong, Kevin Leong in Singapore, Saverio Longo in Italy, José Ramón Morales in Spain, Andrew Vigar in Japan, Alain Wijnants for Benelux, and Peter Wulliman for the Nordics.
Xavier Veyry, CEO for Asia and Europe at AXA XL, said: “I’m delighted we could find the right people within our organisation to lead our underwriting, captives and claims capabilities in Europe and Asia, as well as our local teams.”
The separate UK and Lloyd’s business unit has also made new appointments to its underwriting, distribution and claims leadership. They are:
- Simon Hearn, CUO London wholesale
- Andrew Underwood, CUO specialty
- Ramesh Singh, CUO financial lines
- Paul Howard, head of coverholder development
- Christine Cook, head of alternative distribution
- Allan Murley, head of broker management
- Tim Smith, head of client management
- Owen Williams, global programmes and captives director
- Katherine Baron, head of casualty claims
- Laura Probyn, head of property claims
- Eve Grant, head of specialty claims
- Lesley Turner, head of claims operations and motor
- Yera Patel, head of financial lines claims practice for UK, Asia and Europe, and head of financial lines claims for UK and Lloyd’s market.
Sean McGovern, CEO of UK and Lloyd’s at AXA XL, said: “I’m delighted to announce this group of highly experienced and capable individuals, who I’m confident will help to ensure we are the insurance partner of choice in this important region.”
AXA XL’s America business unit also announced its new lineup as:
- David Grigg, CUO, professional and cyber
- Alex Blanco, CUO, specialty
- Mary Ann Susavidge, CUO, environmental
- Kevin Bull, head of global broker coordination
- James Martin, head of client relationship management and business development
- June Dwyer, head of broker management for Marsh.
- Jeanne Marie Vahdat, head of broker management for AON
- Wayne Speeg, head of broker management, retail brokers
- Tony Gentile, executive underwriter, environmental
- Lawrence Lejfer, construction professional profit centre head.
Joe Tocco, CEO for AXA XL Americas, said: “Our new operating model positions us closer to brokers and clients, so that we can effectively deliver products across business lines and share our collective expertise.”