Ferma and Commercial Risk have announced the finalists for this year’s European Risk Management Awards, with the winners to be named at a ceremony on 14 December.
Finalists have been chosen for all 14 Excellence in Risk Management, Industry Excellence and Training and Education Excellence categories.
Finalists for the prestigious Risk Manager of the Year Award are Charlotte Candy, associated director at AECOM; Maxim Kondratenko, chief risk officer at VTB; and Alex Sidorenko, chief risk officer at EuroChem.
Rising Star of the Year finalists are Béla Cluse, insurance manager at Knauf, Dennis McNeill, solutions lead at Fusion Risk Management, and Radvile Ragozyte, specialist of the law and risk management division at the Lithuanian Transport Safety Administration.
Vying for the Outstanding Contribution to Risk Management award are Roberto Bosco, corporate risk manager at Mediaset, Alex Sidorenko, chief risk officer at EuroChem, and Reiner Siebert, managing director of the German risk management association GVNW.
In the industry excellence awards, Parsyl and Lloyd’s are finalists in the Insurer Innovation of the Year category for The GHRF and Syndicate 1796. They are joined by Swiss Re Corporate Solutions for its virtual captive initiative and Zurich Resilience Solutions.
Howden Insurance Brokers, Replexus, Mitiga and the Danish Red Cross are finalists in the Broker Innovation of the Year category, for the Danish Red Cross volcano cat bond disaster relief programme. So too are MDS Group for its digital transformation programme, and Marsh Advisory for its claims solutions.
The 2021 awards programme has been refined, with the introduction of new categories to reflect the dynamic business environment in which we now operate. As ever, the goal of the awards is to further increase awareness of risk management throughout the European business community, by boosting its standing and promoting its value. Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) is again the headline partner this year, with AXA XL, BELFOR and Zurich also sponsoring the event. We thank them, as ever, for their support.
Ferma and Commercial Risk received an outstanding volume of high-quality entries for this year’s awards from national risk management associations, individuals, insurers, brokers and firms that provide a valuable service to the risk management industry.
We would like to thank all who submitted an entry and congratulate our finalists on reaching this stage. Ferma and Commercial Risk also thank our esteemed panel of judges for devoting their time to this initiative.
The winners will be announced at a ceremony on 14 December, with one of the categories to be chosen by an audience vote. More information on the ceremony will be available in due course.
A full list of the finalists is as follows.
Excellence in Risk Management Finalists
Risk Manager of the Year
- Charlotte Candy, associated director, AECOM
- Maxim Kondratenko, chief risk officer, VTB
- Alex Sidorenko, chief risk officer, EuroChem
Rising Star of the Year
- Béla Cluse, insurance manager, Knauf
- Dennis McNeill, solutions lead, Fusion Risk Management
- Radvile Ragozyte, specialist of law and risk management division, Lithuanian Transport Safety Administration
Innovative Insurance Programme
- Gokce Citak, insurance general manager, Socar
- Dmitry Saveliev, head of insurance, EuroChem
- Marina Tsokur, regional insurance manager, Cargill
Systemic Risk Initiative of the Year
- Gordon Darling, director ERM, WBCSD
- Gintaré Rastené, head of law and risk management, Lithuanian Transport Safety Administration
- Dmitry Zhabin, head of ERM, VTB
Collaboration of the Year
- Ezinwanyi Kezieme, Aecom
- Pavel Zhesterov and Yulia Pindyurina, deputy general director for risk management and anti-corruption fighting, director of internal audit and risk management department, Salair
Risk Resilience Initiative of the Year
- Ahmet Kirgic, business continuity master lead, Turkcell
- Cristina Martinez, group chief risk officer, Sacyr
- Giuseppe Sinatra, head of infrastructure, sustainability and general service, Universita Luigi Bocconi
Outstanding Contribution to Risk Management
- Roberto Bosco, corporate risk manager, Mediaset
- Alex Sidorenko, chief risk officer, EuroChem
- Reiner Siebert, managing director, GVNW/Lufthansa
Industry Excellence Finalists
Insurer Innovation of the Year
- Parsyl and Lloyd’s – The GHRF and Syndicate 1796
- Swiss Re Corporate Solutions – Virtual captive
- Zurich Insurance Group – Zurich Resilience Solutions
Broker Innovation of the Year
- Howden Insurance Brokers, Replexus, Mitiga, Danish Red Cross – Danish Red Cross volcano cat bond for disaster relief
- MDS Group – Digital transformation programme
- Marsh – Claims solutions, Marsh Advisory
Systemic Risk Solution of the Year
- FM Global – Building a climate resilience strategy
- Pool Re – Pool Re
- Zurich Insurance Group – Zurich Covid-19 hospitalisation supplemental product
Global Programme Innovation of the Year
- AIG – Implementation of a global integrated risk management programme
- Swiss Re Corporate Solutions – International programmes PULSE and Network
- Zurich Insurance Group – Zurich Global Program Support (GPS) tool
Technology Innovation of the Year
- Keoghs – Kuarterback artificial intelligence automated claims solution
- Origami Risk – Risk management information system
- Wenalyze – Wenalyze
Claims Innovation of the Year
- Charles Taylor – Charles Taylor Assistance
- Davies – Virtual adjusting technology
- LMA and Advent Insurance Management – Gemini expert management and settlement system
- Zurich Insurance Group – Claims ‘build back better’ initiative
Training and Education Excellence Finalists
Training and Education Programme of the Year
- BELRIM Academy
- Risk Hub, Senscia
- Willis Towers Watson Training Academy team