Hannover Re’s 2022 underwriting hit by Ukraine war and €1.7bn in cat claims
Hannover Re reported a net underwriting loss of €125m for full-year 2022 after €331m of reserves for the war in Ukraine and large catastrophe losses raised the group’s combined ratio to 99.8%. P&C reinsurance booked an 88% drop in its net underwriting result to €46m from €384m in 2021.
Want to read this article?
Register for ultimate access to this article and ALL our premium content
ULTIMATE ACCESS PROVIDES YOU WITH
- Unrestricted access to Commercial Risk, Commercial Risk Europe and Global Risk Manager news, exclusive expert analysis and opinion
- Breaking news, daily and/or weekly Commercial Risk Europe newsletters and regular digital publications
- Breaking news, weekly and monthly Global Risk Manager newsletters and quarterly digital Journal
- European and global surveys, rankings and special reports
- National European local language newsletters
- Preferential access to webinars and virtual and physical conferences
If you are already a registered user or subscriber you can LOGIN below for ultimate access: