Irish data regulator fines top €1bn in 2022
Ireland’s Data Protection Commission (DPC), which regulates many of the large tech companies in Europe, imposed fines of more than €1bn last year, with Meta accounting for most of the penalties.
The numbers mean that two-thirds of GDPR fines issued across Europe last year were from the DPC.
Want to read this article?
Register for ultimate access to this article and ALL our premium content
ULTIMATE ACCESS PROVIDES YOU WITH
- Unrestricted access to Commercial Risk, Commercial Risk Europe and Global Risk Manager news, exclusive expert analysis and opinion
- Breaking news, daily and/or weekly Commercial Risk Europe newsletters and regular digital publications
- Breaking news, weekly and monthly Global Risk Manager newsletters and quarterly digital Journal
- European and global surveys, rankings and special reports
- National European local language newsletters
- Preferential access to webinars and virtual and physical conferences
If you are already a registered user or subscriber you can LOGIN below for ultimate access: