RenaissanceRe buys Validus Re from AIG to become fifth largest reinsurer
RenaissanceRe said buying Validus Re from AIG in a $3bn deal will grow its business by 30% at a time of favourable market conditions for reinsurance.
President and CEO of RenaissanceRe Kevin O’Donnell said the “one-of-a-kind opportunity” will see the company leapfrog Everest Re and Scor to become...
Want to read this article?
Register for ultimate access to this article and ALL our premium content
ULTIMATE ACCESS PROVIDES YOU WITH
- Unrestricted access to Commercial Risk, Commercial Risk Europe and Global Risk Manager news, exclusive expert analysis and opinion
- Breaking news, daily and/or weekly Commercial Risk Europe newsletters and regular digital publications
- Breaking news, weekly and monthly Global Risk Manager newsletters and quarterly digital Journal
- European and global surveys, rankings and special reports
- National European local language newsletters
- Preferential access to webinars and virtual and physical conferences
If you are already a registered user or subscriber you can LOGIN below for ultimate access: