UK nat cat insured losses up to $800m in 2022, says Swiss Re
Reinsurer increases global estimate to $115bn
Insured nat cat losses in the UK stood at $800m last year, up from $700m in 2021, with economic losses unchanged at $900m, according to Swiss Re’s latest sigma report.
This means the UK insurance protection gap, the difference between total and insured losses, was 17% in 2022, down from 24% a yea...
Want to read this article?
Register for ultimate access to this article and ALL our premium content
ULTIMATE ACCESS PROVIDES YOU WITH
- Unrestricted access to Commercial Risk, Commercial Risk Europe and Global Risk Manager news, exclusive expert analysis and opinion
- Breaking news, daily and/or weekly Commercial Risk Europe newsletters and regular digital publications
- Breaking news, weekly and monthly Global Risk Manager newsletters and quarterly digital Journal
- European and global surveys, rankings and special reports
- National European local language newsletters
- Preferential access to webinars and virtual and physical conferences
If you are already a registered user or subscriber you can LOGIN below for ultimate access: