Vale pays $56m to settle false ESG claims over Brumadinho dam
Brazilian mining firm Vale has paid $55.9m to settle regulatory charges it misled investors over ESG disclosures that assured the safety of Brumadinho dam before it collapsed in 2019.
The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) alleged Vale issued public sustainability reports falsely certify...
Want to read this article?
Register for ultimate access to this article and ALL our premium content
ULTIMATE ACCESS PROVIDES YOU WITH
- Unrestricted access to Commercial Risk, Commercial Risk Europe and Global Risk Manager news, exclusive expert analysis and opinion
- Breaking news, daily and/or weekly Commercial Risk Europe newsletters and regular digital publications
- Breaking news, weekly and monthly Global Risk Manager newsletters and quarterly digital Journal
- European and global surveys, rankings and special reports
- National European local language newsletters
- Preferential access to webinars and virtual and physical conferences
If you are already a registered user or subscriber you can LOGIN below for ultimate access: